It’s been a whirlwind week and a half, but it’s been nothing short of amazing!

On Friday, October 29th we closed on our very first home. The stats:

House: Approximately 2200 sq. ft.
Garage #1: 2 1/2 car garage
Garage #2: One car heated/insulated (aka the Shop)
Garage #3: A 40×50 garage
Property: 15.2 acres and heavily wooded.

The weeks preceeding closing were full of stress and anxiety, but once we sat down at that table the only feelings I had were ones of excitement and anticipation. I couldn’t wait to get the keys! Following closing we did a few errands and headed to the house where Mark and his dad tackled cleaning the garage and my mom, Mark’s mom Sue and I took on the downstairs. We were able to get the bathroom and downstairs bedrooms cleaned before we left, exhausted, on Friday evening.

Saturday morning, early, we were back at it. We had so much help from our parents over the course of the weekend that I’m still beyond amazed. They showed up with scrub buckets, ladders, stools and smiles to help us create a spotless house. We washed walls, blinds, scrubbed cupboards and carpets until all you could smell was Mr. Clean. 🙂 We left that evening exhausted, but happy because the next day was moving day!

Sunday morning, early again, Mark and I got up and finished loading the trailer with our things at Trav’s. After some minor issues getting the trailer attached to the truck we were off! When we arrived our house our parents were already there cleaning away and getting ready for us to move everything in. My mom and I headed back to Trav’s to get the last few things and do a final cleaning while everyone else unloaded the trailer. When we got back there were boxes and furniture everywhere! We did manage to do some unpacking and organizing, but not much. Sunday night we slept at Mark’s parents so that we could pack up everything at there house right away on Monday morning.

Monday was another early morning, but after some coffee and cereal we loaded the trailer with everything else and were once again on our way to our house to unload. (It’s a really good thing Mark purchased the 26 ft. enclosed trailer!) We unloaded that and continued with the unpacking. Mark’s parents, my parents and Travis all came to visit us and help throughout the day.

Tuesday it was back to work to recover. 🙂

It was a whirlwind weekend and ever since we’ve been slowly unpacking, organizing, and rediscovering all the things that we forgot we had! It’s been fun and exciting, but also very exhausting at the same time. There hasn’t been a single thing that’s gone wrong (knock on wood) and both Mark and I are just so happy and greatful to have a place to call our home.

We’re also BEYOND greatful to our parents who went well above and beyond what is expected of family to help us. They were all amazing and we really, truly couldn’t have done it without them.

So without further ado, here are the pictures.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.